Sunday Sentiments

Disclosure: If you make a purchase through the links posted below, I may receive a small compensation. Read the full disclosure.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate and / or referral links.


~Happy Sunday! Are you watching the Super Bowl? The game hasn’t been too exciting so far, but the commercials have been awesome! I think my favorite so far has been the Toyota one with Amy Purdy. I couldn’t take my eyes off it. And of course the #BestBuds Budweiser one. Adorable.

~It’s snowing like crazy here and we they have already called off school for L tomorrow! Yay! He’s so excited and so am I. It’s super windy and the roads are a disaster (or so I hear), so we’re just planning on staying in until the mess clears. Like everyone else in Metro Detroit, B went grocery shopping last night. We were laughing about about the shelves would be totally cleared because that’s what we do around here if it snows. And yep, the store was out of milk. LOL.  Never fails!

No milk for you!

~My hair was getting out of control long, so I finally did it, I cut my own hair. And you know what? It looks fine. I’m sure next time I get it professionally cut I’ll hear about it, but in the meantime, it’s good!

~IKEA yesterday was a big success.  We went there in search of another chair for the basement and scored that and a bunch of other stuff.  RASKOG carts (like these) were on sale for $29.99. They are regularly $49.99 and are a steal at that price, so $29 is crazy.  You can pick them up online (the teal is sold out though) for $29.99 + $10 shipping, which is still a great deal.  I picked up another for my office and B grabbed one for the garage.  I think 75% of people at IKEA had one in their carts!  The other 25% probably didn’t know they were on sale.

IKEA Raskog cart!
IKEA Raskog cart!

That’s it for now!  I gotta get this wrapped up before the halftime show!  Hope you are having a good night!


Spread the love


Jennifer is the author and founder of Subscription Box Ramblings. She first discovered subscription boxes in 2012 and has been addicted since. Current favorites include CAUSEBOX, Boxycharm and Beachly!

This Post Has 9 Comments

  1. Jennifer Holzmeyer Louthan

    I totally laugh about the milk here too. I know up north a lot of people have generators or you get so much snow that you could set the milk outside but down here if we loose power then everything would go bad and no place to store it so why do you need milk. We get the same thing when they are calling for a hurricane which means it will be like 100 here and so humidy who would even want to drink milk.
    Some of the commercials have been so sad and pulling the feeling strings this year. Love the dog and horses of course but also the #withdad one and then the nationwide where the kid had died in an accident. I was like WOWsers.

    1. theramblingjen

      I know! I didn’t expect that with the Nationwide commercial! There were lots of “Dad” commercials this year.

      And the milk. It’s so funny. Why not just grab some water???

  2. Rebecca

    Hi there! I know you’re the expert at all things subscription box, so I have a question. It’s my b-day in March, and I’d like to gift myself the March PopSugar box (but not get a long-term subscription). What is the most cost-effective way to do this? Do you know of any codes relevant to the March box yet?

    1. theramblingjen

      I think it’s too early for March codes. February is already sold out though, so if you order now, your subscription will begin with March!

  3. Gabby

    Woohoo! I was planning on buying a Raskog cart when I moved into my new place in June but it looks like Ikea’s clearing them out now. Thank you for letting us know about the Raskog discount!

  4. brandi

    Pillboxes work great for organizing earrings.

  5. PA Anna

    Excited about the Ikea cart!

  6. Lia LT

    Oh man. I wonder if the carts will still be on sale on Wednesday when I’ll be near my local Ikea.

    We don’t get snow but one year a week before Christmas my grocery store was TOTALLY out of unsalted butter. Like, not a single box of any brand. I guess everyone was doing their baking like I was! I was so annoyed. They only had the salted store brand so I had to use that and adjust my recipes.

    1. theramblingjen

      I think they will still be on sale. It seems like maybe they are clearancing them out?? You can check the stock online!

Leave a Reply