Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate / referral links. Read the full disclosure.
The GlobeIn Artisan Box is a monthly subscription box featuring GlobeIn‘s favorite products from global artisans. Each box is curated around a monthly theme selected by their editor with the aim of helping you experience new and interesting products and cultures.
Disclosure: This complimentary box was received for review purposes. All opinions are my own, and no compensation was received.
GlobeIn ships via USPS. Boxes ship between the 18th and 21st of the month.
The February 2018 GlobeIn Artisan Box “DIY” themed box included the following items:
1) Ceramic Yarn Bowl, Tunisia, 5” (Retail $25): I have never seen anything like this and think it’s the coolest thing ever. It will keep your yarn organized and looks stylish to boot. It is made by the artisans at Le Souk Ceramique in Tunisia.
2) Yarn Ball, India, 100 gms of yarn, 4″ diameter (Retail $12): This yarn is made from recycled Indian saris! How cool is that? I am not 100% sure of the material content or how large of an item you can knit with this, but the information card suggests a scarf, so I would assume it’s at least enough yarn for that?
3) Scrapbook Paper, India, Assorted Colors (Retail $12): A variety of paper patterns/colors were sent out to subscribers, but all the ones I have seen look beautiful. The paper is made from discarded cotton scraps from the textile industry. The process to turn the scraps into paper is non-toxic, and the water is reused and filtered for irrigation.
4) Tassel Set, India, 1-2″ drop (Retail $12): I am sure how I want to use these, but I think they’d be fantastic drink charms of some sort.
5) Palm Leaf Flat Basket, Mexico, 8″ x 4.5″ (Retail $15): The final item in this month’s box is a flat palm leaf basket. GlobeIn suggests using it to store additional yarn or crafting supplies.
The February 2018 GlobeIn Artisan Box “DIY” box had a value of $76. This box felt unique and I hope they do more DIY / craft boxes in the future.
What do you think of GlobeIn? If you are interested in subscribing, you can head over to their site and get signed up. Don’t forget that new customers can use the coupon code “WELCOME” to save $10 off their first month of a 3-month subscription to GlobeIn Artisan Box.