Disclosure: If you make a purchase through the links posted below, I may receive a small compensation. Read the full disclosure.
The GlobeIn Artisan Box is a monthly subscription box featuring GlobeIn‘s favorite products from global artisans. Each box is curated around a monthly theme selected by their editor with the aim of helping you experience new and interesting products and cultures.
GlobeIn ships via USPS. Boxes ship between the 18th and 21st of the month.
The October 2018 GlobeIn Artisan Box “BAKE” themed box included the following items:
1. Ceramic Sugar Canister, Morocco (Retail $18 each): Since the theme is BAKE the traditional idea would be to fill this with sugar, cocoa, chocolate chip or other baking supplies. If you don’t need it for kitchen storage, why not use in the bathroom to store cotton balls or q-tips? It was made in Morocco at Serghini Workshops. Their artists are paid a fair wage and receive healthcare and even a retirement plan.
Measurements: 4″ x 3.5″, 6″ tall with lid
2. Ceramic Measuring Cup, Tunisia (Retail $18 each): Made in Tunisia, this ceramic measuring cup was handcrafted by artisans at Le Souk Ceramique. It can be used for dry goods or even just as a gorgeous decorative piece in your kitchen.
Measurements: 1 cup
3. Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, India (Retail $12): Who couldn’t use another set of measuring spoons? I know I can. These were crafted in India by artisans working with Noahs Ark. The pieces are gorgeous and look almost mass produced because they are so perfect!
Includes: 5 spoons, 1 tsp – 1 tbsp
Materials: Stainless steel
4. Enamel Mixing Bowl, India (Retail $15): This is not a large mixing bowl, but you could probably fit a brownie mix in here (if you stir neatly). Again, artisans working with Noahs Ark crafted these bowls and are paid fair trade wages.
Measurements: 8″ D x 3″ T
Materials: Enamel painted stainless steel
5. Olive Wood French Rolling Pin, Tunisia (Retail $20 each): Ohh, I love this! I don’t like large rolling pins, so this is perfect. And the fact that it is handcrafted and absolutely gorgeous to look at doesn’t hurt.
Measurements: 12″ long
What do you think of GlobeIn? If you are interested in subscribing, you can head over to their site and get signed up. Don’t forget that new customers can use the coupon code “WELCOME” to save $10 off their first month of a 3-month subscription to GlobeIn Artisan Box.