Disclosure: If you make a purchase through the links posted below, I may receive a small compensation. Read the full disclosure.
The GlobeIn Artisan Box is a monthly subscription box featuring GlobeIn‘s favorite products from global artisans. Each box is curated around a monthly theme selected by their editor with the aim of helping you experience new and interesting products and cultures.
Disclosure: This complimentary box was received for review purposes. All opinions are my own, and no compensation was received.
GlobeIn ships via USPS. Boxes ship between the 18th and 21st of the month.
The February 2019 GlobeIn Artisan “THE MASQUERADE BOX” themed box included the following items:
1. Handblown Glass with Handle – Green Rim Set of 2, Mexico ($30 value): How pretty are these? They are hand-blown in Mexico and just gorgeous. They are thicky and study, but designed only for cold drinks – no coffee or tea in these. I am not sure exactly why this or how the glass blowing process changes for different liquid temperatures, but that is what the information card says so I will happily follow the instructions.
2. Hand-Embroidered Mask, India, ($20 value): How fun is this? The mask is hand-embroidered in India and ready for your Mardi Gras party! I would be curious to know how long this piece took to make. The information card does not say, but it has me wondering!
Measurements: One size fits most
Materials: Hand embroidered fabrics with an elastic band
3. Beaded Necklace – Set of 2, India ($12 value): These are a handmade replica of traditional Mardi Gras beads. I love the colors and am amazed by the craftsmanship of these.
4. Upcycled Gold and Sari Macrame Garland – Assorted, India ($28 value): I thought this gorgeous piece was a belt / sarong type thing, but it turns out it is a garland. But listen, you could wear this down on Bourbon Street over top of a skirt or dress and it would look fantastic! Or just use to decorate your houe for your next party!
Materials: Upcycled Indian textiles, synthetic fabric
5. Handsewn Mini Plush Animal – Assorted, Sri Lanka ($4 value): The box also included a handmade stuffed animal. An assortment of animals were sent out, ranging from elephants and lion to moose and birds. All are adorable!
Measurements: Sizes vary between 1″ – 4″
Materials: Assorted cotton
All totaled the February 2019 GlobeIn had a value of $94. I think this was my favorite GlobeIn box in recent memory. It just felt so FUN this month!