Disclosure: If you make a purchase through the links posted below, I may receive a small compensation. Read the full disclosure.
Heads up! The So Wrong It’s Nom Ilchester Cheese Advent Calendar is popping up in stores now! The calendar will be sold at Target, SuperValu, Sprouts, Schnucks, Meijer, Jewel, Lidl, Sam’s Club, and Publix.
The calendar will include 24 individually wrapped pieces of the following cheeses:
- Applewood – A real English treasure, Applewood is made in the West Country from British cheddar and has a delicate smoky flavour and a lovely smooth texture, all finished with a dusting of paprika for good measure.
- Applewood Vintage PDO Aged for 12 months – This delicious cheese is made from traditional hand-turned farmhouse Cheddar. It has a predominant smoky flavour with an exquisitely smooth, rich creaminess that melts in the mouth. Creamy yellow in colour, finished with a sprinkling of paprika.
- Ilchester Derby with Sage – Derby is one of England’s oldest and most famous cheeses. Finely chopped sage was added to this wonderful cheese as early as the 17th century, as it was thought to carry health benefits.
- Ilchester Mature Cheddar – Ilchester’s Cheddar comes from the West Country, close to where Cheddar originated in the Mendip Hills. Take a bite and let the creaminess melt into your mouth, with its earthy tangy notes.
- Ilchester Vintage PDO Cheddar – Carefully matured, this cheddar is made in the West Country near the Mendip Hills. With a drier texture to standard cheddar due to the maturing process, there are sometimes crunchy calcium crystals.
- Ilchester Double Gloucester – This is a hard cheese with a savoury, mellow flavour. You may know it as the famous cheese that is rolled down Coopers Hill annually in May for the UK’s most extreme cheese race!
- Ilchester Red Leicester – Smooth and nutty! Add a splash of colour to your cheese board with this traditional English cheese, based on a classic Cheddar recipe.
- Ilchester Aged Red Leicester – This traditional English cheese has been carefully matured for a minimum of 9 months giving it a distinguishable smooth, tangy and nutty taste.
- Mexicana – This cheese combines a fiery mix of bell, jalapeño and chilli peppers, carefully blended with traditional British Cheddar and a secret mix of Mexican spices.
Note: This is also available in the UK, Canada, Australia and Europe!
**Note #2: It looks like some stores have different packaging than shown by So Wrong Its Nom. I’m not sure if this means the cheeses are different, but I will let you know if I hear anything.**